Bonda APW Mould Soft Wax Release Agent 500g
CURRENTLY OUT OF STOCK DUE TO COVID 19 RELATED DELAYS
ORDERS PLACED FROM 1/7/21 WILL ARRIVE IN SEPTEMBERS SHIPMENT
AS ALL MATERIAL IS CURRENTLY MADE TO ORDER, WE ARE UNABLE TO ISSUE REFUNDS.
PLEASE DO NOT ORDER IF YOU CANNOT BE DELAYED AS FURTHER DELAYS ARE UNLIKELY BUT MAY OCCUR
PLACE AN ORDER TO GUARANTEE YOUR MATERIAL AND AVOID DISAPPOINTMENT.
AT CHECKOUT, POSTAGE TIMES APPLY ONCE THE MATERIAL IS IN STOCK AND DISPATCHED.
This is a universal release wax that will offer excellent release from a wide range of rigid mould compounds including plaster, Jesmonite, GRP, metal, wood, and glass. It can also be used on production equipment such as scales and casting tables to assist in cleaning. Please note that some porous surfaces such as plaster and timber may need to be sealed before release wax is applied, and trials should be carried out to ensure that the product is suitable.
APW is a mixture of soft waxes, used to release hard polyurethane foams and casting materials from moulds that have complicated and porous surfaces. On new moulds APW is applied several times depending on porosity. It is applied with a cloth or sponge.
Drying Time : 15-60 minutes
Consumption Per Coat : 50g per square metre.
- AC100 is perfect for pouring into a mould and for internal use
- AC200 is softer and ideal for carving
- AC300 can be used the same as AC100 but has a lower polymer content for cost sensitive projects
- AC730 is primarily a laminating material to be applied in layers. Best when a stone effect is required, for internal or external use
Q. What else do I need?
- It is recommended when casting something long and flat, like a table top, to use our Quadaxial Matting
- If casting something more intricate with curves then our Chopped Strands are recommended
- We highly recommend using our High Shear Mixing Blade which has been specifically designed for Jesmonite to avoid bubbles in the mix
- If you're using a mould made of anything other than silicone, we advise you to use our Bonda Wax Release Agent
Q. What is the natural colour of Jesmonite?
- AC100, AC200 and AC300 cure with a colour of off white/cream. We have a range of pigments available.
Q. Is Jesmonite GRC (Glassfibre Reinforced Concrete)?
- Yes Jesmonite is classified as GRC (Glassfibre Reinforced Concrete). Due to its unique polymer content, versatility, being non-combustible and having much faster curing times than other GRC's, it is classed as a premium GRC product
Q. Can I add other materials to the mix?
- Yes you can. However we cannot guarantee the outcome
Q. How much material do I need?
- This all depends on dimensions, thickness, etc. As a guide for you to be able to calculate how much you need, at 10mm thick 18kg of material will make 1sqm
Q. Can I become a reseller?
- Jesmonite Australasia is a standalone/independent company that promotes/sells the Jesmonite® range of products to architects, designers, manufacturers and end users. Due to the terms of our Distribution/Supplier contract, we do not sell Jesmonite® via re-sellers
Q. Do you also manufacture?
- There are two parts to our company;
- Jesmonite Australasia which handles sales and distribution of Jesmonite products
- HGN Design which is an approved manufacturer of Jesmonite providing a full decorative architectural moulding and glass reinforced laminates manufacturing solution