Silastic High Grade Silicone
SILASTIC™ RTV-4250-S Kit Green is a high strength silicone for detailed reproduction of surfaces and objects for prototype design and production tooling, as well as artistic and renovation applications.
Two-component material consisting of a base and a curing agent, which when mixed, cure at room or elevated temperatures by an additional reaction.
- Outstanding release properties
- If required the product cure can be heat accelerated
- Fast thick section cure at room temperature
- Medium hardness
- High inhibition resistance
- High tear resistance
- Very high elasticity, for easy removal of complex replica parts
- Very low shrinkage and good dimensional stability
- Can be used for high temperature casting applications
- Can be made thixotropic (nonflowable) for vertical surface replication
- Fast RTV cure, very fast cure with even, low heat
- Very low viscosity for easy mixing and de-airing
- Low durometer hardness
Artistic & Creative Uses:
- Plastic Parts
- Rapid Prototypes
- AC100 is perfect for pouring into a mould and for internal use
- AC200 is softer and ideal for carving
- AC300 can be used the same as AC100 but has a lower polymer content for cost sensitive projects
- AC730 is primarily a laminating material to be applied in layers. Best when a stone effect is required, for internal or external use
Q. What else do I need?
- It is recommended when casting something long and flat, like a table top, to use our Quadaxial Matting
- If casting something more intricate with curves then our Chopped Strands are recommended
- We highly recommend using our High Shear Mixing Blade which has been specifically designed for Jesmonite to avoid bubbles in the mix
- If you're using a mould made of anything other than silicone, we advise you to use our Bonda Wax Release Agent
Q. What is the natural colour of Jesmonite?
- AC100, AC200 and AC300 cure with a colour of off white/cream. We have a range of pigments available.
Q. Is Jesmonite GRC (Glassfibre Reinforced Concrete)?
- Yes Jesmonite is classified as GRC (Glassfibre Reinforced Concrete). Due to its unique polymer content, versatility, being non-combustible and having much faster curing times than other GRC's, it is classed as a premium GRC product
Q. Can I add other materials to the mix?
- Yes you can. However we cannot guarantee the outcome
Q. How much material do I need?
- This all depends on dimensions, thickness, etc. As a guide for you to be able to calculate how much you need, at 10mm thick 18kg of material will make 1sqm
Q. Can I become a reseller?
- Jesmonite Australasia is a standalone/independent company that promotes/sells the Jesmonite® range of products to architects, designers, manufacturers and end users. Due to the terms of our Distribution/Supplier contract, we do not sell Jesmonite® via re-sellers
Q. Do you also manufacture?
- There are two parts to our company;
- Jesmonite Australasia which handles sales and distribution of Jesmonite products
- HGN Design which is an approved manufacturer of Jesmonite providing a full decorative architectural moulding and glass reinforced laminates manufacturing solution