CURRENTLY OUT OF STOCK DUE TO COVID 19
THIS WILL BE BACK IN AT THE END OF NOVEMBER ONCE WE COLLATE ALL PRE ORDERS
PLACE AN ORDER TO GUARANTEE YOUR MATERIAL
Jesmonite is a versatile range of water-based, solvent free composite materials ideally suited to the creation of decorative mouldings and glass reinforced laminates. These materials have a range of unique properties, which contribute to strength, durability, non-toxicity, and the ability to comply with many of the necessary test requirements of the construction industry, specifically those in regard to fire performance and impact resistance.
Set times of all Jesmonite Composite materials can be extended by the addition of Retarder to increase working time.
Typical inclusion rates are 2g – 8g per kilo of mix.
Please note that the end user should perform tests in the workshop environment, as extremes of temperature and humidity can effect set times.
This retarder is suitable for AC100/200/300, but should not be used with the cement based material AC730.
- AC100 is perfect for pouring into a mould and for internal use
- AC200 is softer and ideal for carving
- AC300 can be used the same as AC100 but has a lower polymer content for cost sensitive projects
- AC730 is primarily a laminating material to be applied in layers. Best when a stone effect is required, for internal or external use
Q. What else do I need?
- It is recommended when casting something long and flat, like a table top, to use our Quadaxial Matting
- If casting something more intricate with curves then our Chopped Strands are recommended
- We highly recommend using our High Shear Mixing Blade which has been specifically designed for Jesmonite to avoid bubbles in the mix
- If you're using a mould made of anything other than silicone, we advise you to use our Bonda Wax Release Agent
Q. What is the natural colour of Jesmonite?
- AC100, AC200 and AC300 cure with a colour of off white/cream. We have a range of pigments available.
Q. Is Jesmonite GRC (Glassfibre Reinforced Concrete)?
- Yes Jesmonite is classified as GRC (Glassfibre Reinforced Concrete). Due to its unique polymer content, versatility, being non-combustible and having much faster curing times than other GRC's, it is classed as a premium GRC product
Q. Can I add other materials to the mix?
- Yes you can. However we cannot guarantee the outcome
Q. How much material do I need?
- This all depends on dimensions, thickness, etc. As a guide for you to be able to calculate how much you need, at 10mm thick 18kg of material will make 1sqm
Q. Can I become a reseller?
- Jesmonite Australasia is a standalone/independent company that promotes/sells the Jesmonite® range of products to architects, designers, manufacturers and end users. Due to the terms of our Distribution/Supplier contract, we do not sell Jesmonite® via re-sellers
Q. Do you also manufacture?
- There are two parts to our company;
- Jesmonite Australasia which handles sales and distribution of Jesmonite products
- HGN Design which is an approved manufacturer of Jesmonite providing a full decorative architectural moulding and glass reinforced laminates manufacturing solution