AC730 Flex Metals Gel Coat Kit
CURRENTLY OUT OF STOCK DUE TO COVID 19 RELATED DELAYS
THE CURRENT ETA FOR THE MATERIAL PRE ORDERED BETWEEN 1ST OCTOBER 2020 AND 9TH MARCH 2021 IS THE END APRIL.
PRE ORDERS PLACED AFTER 9TH MARCH ARE DUE TO ARRIVE IN JUNE 2021.
PLACE AN ORDER TO GUARANTEE YOUR MATERIAL AND AVOID DISAPPOINTMENT.
AT CHECKOUT, POSTAGE TIMES APPLY ONCE THE MATERIAL IS IN STOCK AND DISPATCHED.
FLEX METAL GEL COATS
Jesmonite Flex Metal Gel Coats are the latest development in Jesmonite materials. They are formulated using real metal powder to create the ultimate replication of metal in moulded materials. They are four finishes available and they are fully compatible with AC730 and AC830 as a cast or laminated back up.
- Real metallic finishes
- Solvent free & no VOC’s
- Looks and feels like metal
- Easy to use
- Utilises our unique Flex Resin technology to create the first and only water based metallic gel coat system.
- Metals can be infinitely mixed and pigmented to further expand the palette of finishes.
- Ex-mould surfaces can be polished with fine grades of wire wool to reveal the metal powders by hand or polishing machinery can be used with our metallic polishing heads.
- Metallic surfaces can be waxed, sealed or have a patina applied just like real metal.
Bronze, Brass, Copper, and Silver Bronze.
For quantities above 20kg please contact us directly. Send email
- AC100 is perfect for pouring into a mould and for internal use
- AC200 is softer and ideal for carving
- AC300 can be used the same as AC100 but has a lower polymer content for cost sensitive projects
- AC730 is primarily a laminating material to be applied in layers. Best when a stone effect is required, for internal or external use
Q. What else do I need?
- It is recommended when casting something long and flat, like a table top, to use our Quadaxial Matting
- If casting something more intricate with curves then our Chopped Strands are recommended
- We highly recommend using our High Shear Mixing Blade which has been specifically designed for Jesmonite to avoid bubbles in the mix
- If you're using a mould made of anything other than silicone, we advise you to use our Bonda Wax Release Agent
Q. What is the natural colour of Jesmonite?
- AC100, AC200 and AC300 cure with a colour of off white/cream. We have a range of pigments available.
Q. Is Jesmonite GRC (Glassfibre Reinforced Concrete)?
- Yes Jesmonite is classified as GRC (Glassfibre Reinforced Concrete). Due to its unique polymer content, versatility, being non-combustible and having much faster curing times than other GRC's, it is classed as a premium GRC product
Q. Can I add other materials to the mix?
- Yes you can. However we cannot guarantee the outcome
Q. How much material do I need?
- This all depends on dimensions, thickness, etc. As a guide for you to be able to calculate how much you need, at 10mm thick 18kg of material will make 1sqm
Q. Can I become a reseller?
- Jesmonite Australasia is a standalone/independent company that promotes/sells the Jesmonite® range of products to architects, designers, manufacturers and end users. Due to the terms of our Distribution/Supplier contract, we do not sell Jesmonite® via re-sellers
Q. Do you also manufacture?
- There are two parts to our company;
- Jesmonite Australasia which handles sales and distribution of Jesmonite products
- HGN Design which is an approved manufacturer of Jesmonite providing a full decorative architectural moulding and glass reinforced laminates manufacturing solution