AC100 Starter Bundle (3.5kg Kit, 200g Pigment & Mixing Blade)
Jesmonite AC100 is a water-based composite material used to make decorative moulded objects. It is safe to use and contains no solvents or VOC’s. It can be cast and laminated using our unique Quadaxial Glass. Natural colour is an off white/cream
Jesmonite Pigments are aqueous dispersions compatible with Jesmonite composites. When dispersed in Jesmonite materials they offer excellent chemical stability, heat stability, and UV resistance. 2% will produce a strong, saturated colour. For lighter colours simply reduce the addition rate until the desired colour is achieved. Pigments can also be intermixed to produce any colour.
High-shear Mixing Blades are essential for the proper mixing of all Jesmonite composite materials. They are specifically designed for adding Jesmonite Base into Jesmonite Liquids. The mixing action reduces air bubbles and ensures that the mix is smooth and free from lumps.
- AC100 is perfect for pouring into a mould and for internal use
- AC200 is softer and ideal for carving
- AC300 can be used the same as AC100 but has a lower polymer content for cost sensitive projects
- AC730 is primarily a laminating material to be applied in layers. Best when a stone effect is required, for internal or external use
Q. What else do I need?
- It is recommended when casting something long and flat, like a table top, to use our Quadaxial Matting
- If casting something more intricate with curves then our Chopped Strands are recommended
- We highly recommend using our High Shear Mixing Blade which has been specifically designed for Jesmonite to avoid bubbles in the mix
- If you're using a mould made of anything other than silicone, we advise you to use our Bonda Wax Release Agent
Q. What is the natural colour of Jesmonite?
- AC100, AC200 and AC300 cure with a colour of off white/cream. We have a range of pigments available.
Q. Is Jesmonite GRC (Glassfibre Reinforced Concrete)?
- Yes Jesmonite is classified as GRC (Glassfibre Reinforced Concrete). Due to its unique polymer content, versatility, being non-combustible and having much faster curing times than other GRC's, it is classed as a premium GRC product
Q. Can I add other materials to the mix?
- Yes you can. However we cannot guarantee the outcome
Q. How much material do I need?
- This all depends on dimensions, thickness, etc. As a guide for you to be able to calculate how much you need, at 10mm thick 18kg of material will make 1sqm
Q. Can I become a reseller?
- Jesmonite Australasia is a standalone/independent company that promotes/sells the Jesmonite® range of products to architects, designers, manufacturers and end users. Due to the terms of our Distribution/Supplier contract, we do not sell Jesmonite® via re-sellers
Q. Do you also manufacture?
- There are two parts to our company;
- Jesmonite Australasia which handles sales and distribution of Jesmonite products
- HGN Design which is an approved manufacturer of Jesmonite providing a full decorative architectural moulding and glass reinforced laminates manufacturing solution