Jesmonite AC200 Kit
CURRENTLY OUT OF STOCK DUE TO COVID 19
THIS WILL BE BACK IN AT THE END OF FEBRUARY 2021 ONCE WE COLLATE ALL PRE ORDERS
PLACE AN ORDER TO GUARANTEE YOUR MATERIAL
Jesmonite AC200 is a water-based composite material which is ideally suited to making masters and prototypes prior to moulding. It sets to a hard but easily carved surface and can be shaped using a variety of tools including CNC, routers, chisels etc.
- Water-based, solvent free, No VOC’s
- Excellent carved detail
- Easy tooling and sanding
- Ideal to coat polystyrene & model board
- Provides an adaptable, mouldable carving medium that is safe and easy to use for all modelling and prototyping applications.
- Retains excellent edge detail and dimensional stability.
- No degradation of polystyrene (EPS) substrates thus releasing the full potential of EPS as a lightweight and cheap means to large scale sculpture and masters.
- Works as an excellent machinable adhesive for EPS & PU model boards.
For larger quantities please contact us directly. Send email
- AC100 is perfect for pouring into a mould and for internal use
- AC200 is softer and ideal for carving
- AC300 can be used the same as AC100 but has a lower polymer content for cost sensitive projects
- AC730 is primarily a laminating material to be applied in layers. Best when a stone effect is required, for internal or external use
Q. What else do I need?
- It is recommended when casting something long and flat, like a table top, to use our Quadaxial Matting
- If casting something more intricate with curves then our Chopped Strands are recommended
- We highly recommend using our High Shear Mixing Blade which has been specifically designed for Jesmonite to avoid bubbles in the mix
- If you're using a mould made of anything other than silicone, we advise you to use our Bonda Wax Release Agent
Q. What is the natural colour of Jesmonite?
- AC100, AC200 and AC300 cure with a colour of off white/cream. We have a range of pigments available.
Q. Is Jesmonite GRC (Glassfibre Reinforced Concrete)?
- Yes Jesmonite is classified as GRC (Glassfibre Reinforced Concrete). Due to its unique polymer content, versatility, being non-combustible and having much faster curing times than other GRC's, it is classed as a premium GRC product
Q. Can I add other materials to the mix?
- Yes you can. However we cannot guarantee the outcome
Q. How much material do I need?
- This all depends on dimensions, thickness, etc. As a guide for you to be able to calculate how much you need, at 10mm thick 18kg of material will make 1sqm
Q. Can I become a reseller?
- Jesmonite Australasia is a standalone/independent company that promotes/sells the Jesmonite® range of products to architects, designers, manufacturers and end users. Due to the terms of our Distribution/Supplier contract, we do not sell Jesmonite® via re-sellers
Q. Do you also manufacture?
- There are two parts to our company;
- Jesmonite Australasia which handles sales and distribution of Jesmonite products
- HGN Design which is an approved manufacturer of Jesmonite providing a full decorative architectural moulding and glass reinforced laminates manufacturing solution